Is self-advertising OK?

Apr 16, 2018
Reddit has a rule that you can't share your own credited content, apparently that's self-advertising.
You put a tiny stamp on the stuff you post or say anything about you channel and you are immediately a c🚺nt.
Is that OK here?

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
I think it's ok to credit yourself, made a pic, stamp it why not.

You can put YouTube channel twitter and stuff in your account details, if people are interested in you they can check it out.

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
I think Reddit is being a total scum having the no self-advertising rule.
They didn't have that rule when they started, but when they grow big they want to limit people within their platform.

Apr 8, 2018
The mods are helping them enforcing that rule too, some users think they're doing justice enforcing that rule on others.
f🅰️king trihard, downvoted.
What? You're not getting paid.

Apr 1, 2018
The community made them and they don't allow the community to make a name for themselves.
Unethical business practice.

Apr 8, 2018
It can't be about you, it's about the community and sharing, BS excuse.
Why doesn't every book on the planet leave no name and say it's about the community and sharing?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018
Also Reddit has to prevent crediting to protect their "reposting" business, re-posting is a large part of their view count.
Think about it, no self-advertising means yes reposing.

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
But you guys do realize if everyone stamps their 💩, the meme ecosystem will collapse.
That's no good...

Might as well get used to
  1. Create a meme within small circle
  2. Snitched to Reddit
  3. Popularized by Reddit normies
  4. Monetized by big YouTubers
The creator has to be robbed clean, it's just the way it is, no way around it, or the meme just dies.
Stamping your meme doesn't really help unless you have a huge distribution channel, "well he stamped it, I can't make it look like I made it, I might as well not spread it".