A way of proving curvature/flatness of earth

Apr 8, 2018
Without using water level

I've seen so much about flat earthers vs scientologists debate, but they're all flawed
>muh bedford level experiment
>th-that's mirage/atmospheric refraction

I want you guys to come up with a method, an electronic method, or an optical method, that does not involve WATER or ATMOSPHERE CONTAINING WATER, no water that's it, doesn't involve water, NO WATER.

Apr 8, 2018
My idea is

Using inertial vector and gravitational vector measurement

This requires 1 gyroscope and 1 accelerometer and 1 magnetometer.
Measure the gravitational vector and inertial vector at one location, move to another location, measure again, if the difference of the 2 vectors is big enough, then the world is a globe, otherwise the globe is flat.

To reduce the drift of the gyro, the gyro is compensated by magnetometer, since on either on globe earth or on flat earth, the magnetic vector is parallel to the surface and points to the north magnetic pole. Also the time between measurement to be short and distance needs to be big, it would be nice to be on a plane(sneak in the device when taking plane). If there are 2 matched sets of sensors, then a plane is not needed because you can zero the 2 sets before measurement and bring the 2 sets together after measurement to ensure the drift is within the tolerance.

I don't know if MEMs devices are able to achieve the stability, but heck I can probably machine a mechanical one myself if I have to, it's not that hard, just some cold war technology.

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
I don't know if MEMs devices are able to achieve the stability
probably not I've worked with 6 axis 3 in one ICs like that it's just 💩, often it needs optical reference like IR anchors or machine vision to stay accurate over long periods of time.

but you can use analog mems devices and ultra low noise opamps, then cool the whole thing with a peltier device to -30c
or you can build a laser gyro with interferometry.

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
Even if you can obtain a big enough angle between those 2 vectors, some scientist will just say "well that's because the earth is not perfectly round and the it has irregular gravitational and magnetic field.

1579777623687.png

1579777637715.png

Even if you can include those variations, your device will be so complex, the average person can't understand it and won't believe it, the water level is CONVINCING because monkey sees?

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
you know after the bedford experiment, the opposer literally went to his way to cheat and proved the original experiment was wrong, later it's discovered he cheated just to win a bet.

truth is just relative to most people, they believe in more stupid things just because it was repeated a lot of times, why do you think it matters if you can prove it.

I personally favor a flat earth because my teachers were 🍑ssholes, I know they're too stupid to ever look up anything they teach so I just don't believe anything they say, they ain't got the credibility from a moral standpoint, I got to see it to believe it, all I've seen is flat earth so I can't say for sure the earth is globe.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018
How do you predict them? Using the globe earth model?
The globe earth model is a theory from the prediction of the sun the stars and the moon, not the other way around, even ancient Sumerians used the star to navigate, but they didn't "know" the earth was globe

F

frankie

Why does the radio waves travel further than horizon? Scientists say it's because of the sun radiating the atmosphere making a plasma outer layer that reflects radio waves. But why when it's night time radio still works, works even better in fact. I think it's because of the dome. Just make 2 sheets of glass with inert gas in between and light the thing up like a neon light, then see if radio waves can pass through the plasma.

D

durrrr

On a near infinite flat plane, when you go up, the horizon always stays at eye level
On a ball with 6357km radius, when you go up, the horizon moves down

Make the direction of the camera perpendicular to the gravitational field using electronic gimbals, and set it on a weather balloon, measure the proportion of the land to sky. If it's 1:1, it's flat, if else it's globe.

Apr 8, 2018
On a near infinite flat plane, when you go up, the horizon always stays at eye level
On a ball with 6357km radius, when you go up, the horizon moves down

Make the direction of the camera perpendicular to the gravitational field using electronic gimbals, and set it on a weather balloon, measure the proportion of the land to sky. If it's 1:1, it's flat, if else it's globe.
>t-that's just atmospheric refractions