Is smart contract really necessary?

Apr 8, 2018
A lot of smart contracts are compiled WASM, unless I have the source code and recompile for myself then check bit for bit I really can't make sure it's fair.
But developers don't really want to release the source code, none of the EOS gamble sites do, you'll have to trust them to play.

This boils down to the question: is smart contract really necessary?
You can develop a centralized application that users can't check fairness but can use crypto as a payment method
This will be no difference to a decentralized application that users can't check fairness. To use the dapp, users will have to visit your site to interface, which is centralized.

Don't forget your transaction history will be used for data mining if you use dapp, don't expect your identity wouldn't get correlated to your blockchain activity, it will, because exchanges have stricter KYC than banks.

Apr 1, 2018
Someone told me Bittorrent coin is used to correlate your torrent seeding history with your money bag so hollywood can go after you

Why don't Bittorrent just run a centralized clearing house for torrent payment? I guess people don't trust them, but why should they trust the Bittorrent that's on their PCs, that is supposedly to be fair about torrent bidding? After all Bittorrent is close source

Apr 8, 2018
Someone told me Bittorrent coin is used to correlate your torrent seeding history with your money bag so hollywood can go after you

Why don't Bittorrent just run a centralized clearing house for torrent payment? I guess people don't trust them, but why should they trust the Bittorrent that's on their PCs, that is supposedly to be fair about torrent bidding? After all Bittorrent is close source
Woah getting smart wendy
wait a minute, too smart...
WHOSE SOUL DID YOU SUCK YOU SUCCUBUS?

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
1555286683656.png
tfw I built my first dapp on EOS, cost me $350 to buy enough EOS ram to run it
then EOS price crashed, EOS ram price diminished, I exit at $100
Cost me more money than I ever spent on centralized servers
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH