Unity banned me (suspended)

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
Yo guys, here's a quick lesson on free software, you guys know Unity, the game engine?
Thought it was FREE so I downloaded it sometime ago played a bit and sat idle, look what they pooped out today:
Your Unity Account has been suspended
Really appreciate your support! In order to protect Unity's intellectual property rights and legitimate rights of developers, we are reviewing Unity users' inappropriate subscription behaviors and misuses of Unity. Your account is inconsistent with the subscription rules, so it is temporarily blocked. If you have any questions, please contact
Oh I remember what happened, I changed my motherboard.
WHAAAAAAAAAATTT?
Now I can't log on to the 2018 client.
Uh oh you're a pirate now, you can't execute the code you installed, all the account information on our server, barred.

I should have known, the Unity daemon had been running in the background monitoring my hardware ALL THE TIME!!!!!

They probably had legal right to do so because in their software agreement there's probably some fine print saying they can suspended my account if I was pirating.
But I wasn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thought it's FREE. Turned out there's a spy background service monitoring my hardware and sending my info back to their server.

All my files, barred, shouldn't have built anything on rented land.

Apr 8, 2018
haHAA did you show them your MIT license?
Oh wait, OH WAIT, you don't have an MIT license.
Get f🅰️ked kid

For a long time I considered Microsoft as the most uncool corporation, until they turned a blind eye on auto KMS and opens sourced .NET core, Mwah! Thanks Microsoft. Now they profit by pimping their cloud. Get a grip Unity, get a grip.

Apr 8, 2018
They probably had legal right to do so because in their software agreement there's probably some fine print saying they can suspended my account if I was pirating.
All they needed was a doubt you know, not a conviction from the jury, but a doubt. If anyone were to build a business using Unity's software, just keep in mind they have the keel switch.

Apr 8, 2018
All they needed was a doubt you know, not a conviction from the jury, but a doubt. If anyone were to build a business using Unity's software, just keep in mind they have the keel switch.
Literally have no idea what you're talking about.

They're the Windows of Indie games, all indie game companies depend on them.
You don't stop using Windows or Mac because they have the keel switch, you use it anyway because it's the only choice you have.(There're Linux and BSD but most of the people are too stupid to use)

Apr 8, 2018
Literally have no idea what you're talking about.

They're the Windows of Indie games, all indie game companies depend on them.
You don't stop using Windows or Mac because they have the keel switch, you use it anyway because it's the only choice you have.(There're Linux and BSD but most of the people are too stupid to use)
Shut up I will impregnate you

D

djang

I'm kinda scared, Unity is my life, didn't know they were able to shut people down for no reason.
I knew the Unity Demo this year was too exciting, something didn't feel right.

Hope you can get your ban repealed soon :)

Why didn't you post it on Unity forum?

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
I'm kinda scared, Unity is my life, didn't know they were able to shut people down for no reason.
They couldn't ban you if you actually downloaded cracked client lol.
Think about how ironic this is, the people that downloaded cracks are the ones that cannot be banned, but honest users like us get wired to their ban button.

Apr 8, 2018
@Morte if they don't repeal the ban, just download the Unity Pro crack, you don't even have to use the basic 💩 anymore.

What are they going to do, sue you?
They didn't sue you when they thought you used crack so they banned you, why would they sue you if you actually use crack.

Last edited:

ngalex

2Savage4Me
Oct 26, 2018
let me tell you a story i got from my dad. when he was in the mountains of north iraq it was 35 efficent minus they needed to set base camp. it was freezing and you wake up the next day and you find out that the only reason u survived was beacsue ur buddy had been inside you all night. thats not gay thats brotherhood ill tell ya'

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
They emailed me back saying I need to buy a seat.

Turned out they were just doing a heads up basically saying
"Ay! Buy the paid version, we think you made 100k+ using our engine, cough it up. Oh what you didn't? Are you sure? Nevermind.".
Then they unbanned me.

Pretty aggressive marketing strategy.
f🅰️king 🍑ssholes trying to scare me into paying, I bet if they scare 100 devs, 5 devs will get paranoid and cough up.
😒 most unpleasant experience ever.
Whenever they mention the word "creators" imma cringe from now on.

MARKETING PEOPLE EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!