Is demonetization an act of theft?

Apr 1, 2018
It's demonetized non-safe content that are interesting, they make the audience stay at the platform, so the audience can be fed monetized content.

How to interpret this?
Let's say there're two types of content:
  1. Content of interest, controversy, and value
  2. Content of social media garbage (rewind, beef drama, buzzfeed, 5 min crafts, Bright Side, Verge)
If the platform only has the second kind of content, people would just leave.
But if the platform has these 2 kinds of content, people stay for the first kind, people pay for the second kind (by watching ads on them).
So the people that make the second kind of garbage as well as the platform profit from the people that make the first kind of gold.

The analogy
It's like you spend money to maintain a tourist attraction, but the authority forbids you to make any money from it, however there're people with connections selling peanuts at your tourist attraction, they and the authority profit from you losing money and labor. If you stop maintaining the site, tourists will just leave, because there're only peanut sellers, nothing interesting going on.

But you think someday you will make it, someday the attraction will be so good you can make money somehow.
But the authority knows, you will not give up, no matter how hard you try you shall never be monetized, for the profit from enslavement is far greater than that of fair trade.

I think that's the reason why the *ehem* demonetizes content but doesn't remove the content. There're enough ads for everyone if they lower the CPM, but they don't, ever wonder why?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018
Shut up I am not a trihard.

All I hear is the big content content creators whining about being edgy and not eligible for monetization, but I don't think it's the fundamental problem.

So basically the true "You"s are there to keep the audience stay and keep the platform alive, but the platform gives them just enough (sometimes not) to survive.
The platform and its associates make most of the money off of the audience that the "You"s built up and attract, should this be called theft?

Apr 8, 2018
Sounds like a covert scheme to swindle people out of their money.
Now I know why *ehem* has an *ehem* *ehem*.

Last edited:

ngalex

2Savage4Me
Oct 26, 2018
CASH FOR YOUR BONES!
I am a bone merchant, I trade quality bones. Need cash quick? Sell your bones!

+1 800-CASH-FORB-ONES

Apr 16, 2018
Yeah but I know what else is an act of theft
Rocking my Adblock!
aahhhahahahahahahahaha