Why does YouTube keep recommending me the same videos?

Apr 1, 2018
I don't click on the obviously clickbait videos or some crazy 💩, they're not informative or entertaining, they're just interesting enough to most of the population.

Oh wow I care about a dumb dog and Ramsy 💩ting on garbage chefs for the 500th time.
headline - Copy.JPG

None of this is real or remotely useful:
tech cb bs - Copy.JPG

But they won't go away after I ignored them again and again and again x5.
Why?
Oh and I will not click "not interested" because I don't want to give out my personal opinion to Google.

Apr 1, 2018
Back in 2011 some lone guy's skit would appear on the front page because it's GOOD
YouTube has changed so much, of every 10 videos recommended or floated to the top, 7 of them are made by corporate media entities.
Why are these trash videos haunting me? NOOOOOOO

ngalex

2Savage4Me
Oct 26, 2018
Conform human, the AI is trying to tell you something, please proceed to watch the videos and drool, cooperate with conversion nicely, thank you.

Apr 7, 2018
But they won't go away after I ignored them again and again and again x5.
I've run ads before, this kind of tactic is called re-targeting, in the end you will click to see what's it all about. YOU WILL DO IT.

YouTube is also trying to probe your interest against others based on how long you have watched a particular video, since other people loved to watch this video, YouTube is trying to compare your watch time to others on this video, so they can get stats on the same subject. I think.

Apr 1, 2018
Conform human, the AI is trying to tell you something, please proceed to watch the videos and drool, cooperate with conversion nicely, thank you.
Seriously though, it does feel like YouTube is trying to tell me something sometimes, almost as if it's alive, as if it knows exactly what I was thinking, recommending me videos about it and trying to change my mind using the YouTuber's opinion.
I'm kind of scared.

ngalex

2Savage4Me
Oct 26, 2018
Seriously though, it does feel like YouTube is trying to tell me something sometimes, almost as if it's alive, as if it knows exactly what I was thinking, recommending me videos about it and trying to change my mind using the YouTuber's opinion.
I'm kind of scared.
Join us
Join us
You won't feel scared anymore.
Join us
Join us

Apr 8, 2018
I'm kind of scared.
It happened to me too, I was just thinking about something and I refresh Youtube, YouTube recommends a video about it absolutely spot on.
It knows exactly what I was thinking.

Don't be evil Google.

Last edited: