The Origin of Crippical

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
Last year I found there is a surge of family friendly content on the internet, supported by the normie fan base, so I did some research.

The state of content
YouTube has recommended me edgy stuff 8 years ago, now every YouTuber is saying "what the freak", blipping naughty words.
There used to be crude and elaborate humor, hard trolling, satirical cult, unlike anything on the television, now there is no more.
Those are what made YouTube, those are what I was there for, and now people that used to do edgy stuff are either:
  • Reformed(if they are big)
  • Faded away(if they are small)
Scrolling down the comment section, there're so many people repeating the buzz word heard from the YouTuber, or quoting some relatable slightly modified memes, or something that purposely makes other's be like "IKR, that's me, that's exactly how I feel".

It's really hard to find original stuff now, and it seems to be the process of normification.

Last edited:

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
The source of content
Now YouTubers are so desperate for content, these are pretty much what they do now:
  • Start beef
  • Rant things that doesn't appeal to their fanbase
  • Regurgitate what's on Reddit
  • Show you how to do stuff that you will never do in your life
  • Compilations
  • Play games with trending memes inserted
  • Show you their scripted awesome life with trending memes inserted
  • Do anything with trending memes inserted. Haha so relatable, subbed.
There are few content creators that have their own original content or dare not to cope with the latest trend. But for how long? Usually once a creator gets big and the money gets to him, things will change. It's just part of the process.

If you take a look at where the YouTuber's sources of content are, they are either
  1. Conforming to the hiveminds of social media
  2. Directly stolen from Reddit
Either way, they are the result of hivemind, it controls every piece of content we see, whoever falls behind the current hivemind trend is called a cringy normie by the crowd.

Little does the crowd know, they have long forgotten what a normie originally is, a gullible person with a typical mind, shaped by the people with great numbers.

Last edited:

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
The original source of "Crippical"
The state of content today reminds me of a content-rich cartoon show called Xavier: Renegade Angel, there are just so much content that stands on their own, but it requires some serious IQ to fully understand this show, which explains why it died, you should totally check it out BTW.

xavier vs rick.jpg

In one scene, the main character Xavier said "Condescension, the last refuge of the differently-abled", then he called the kid in the wheel chair "crippical", and the word is born.

Crippical = Cripple + Typical
which is absolutely gold.

Last edited:

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
The new meaning(extension) of Crippical
So I decided to steal the word, and use it to continue on what made and keeled XRA, in order to go against the normie hivemind trend.

Crippical, now it's used as a derogatory term to describe people that participate in the hivemind process.
  • People who circle jerks on Reddit and make weak memes, crippical.
  • People who eat up anything a content creator makes with mash-ups of memes blended in, crippical.
  • People that just heard a meme from a celebrity and spams it everywhere out of context, crippical.
A crippical person participates in the hivemind ecosystem without realizing the SYSTEM.
Some crippical people seek to profit from the system, whether being a money wh🚺re or just ego stroking likes and upvotes.

So it is a word to describe a kind of the normies.

Last edited:

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
Some people suggested "Normies consume content without thinking" in the welcome page was inaccurate, like, that wasn't the meaning of normies, normies are people that ruin my memes and being totally average.

Well if you think about it, why do they ruin your memes? Because of being a average mainstream person? Yes but that isn't the cause.
The cause is, they eat up whatever content is delivered to them. Whatever meme is on the front page, haha that's so funny, now I'm going to participate, so they ruin your meme.

So thinking about content is the key, and that's what this site is about.
If you go to a YouTuber's Reddit, there're only posts that suck the YouTuber's d♠️ck to be seen. Yay we love him, look at my fanart. Post that are being critical and questioning are downvoted to never be seen, because normies don't like that, they consume and love the creator's content because YouTube suggested the content a few month ago, they would've loved anybody else that's on the recommendations, that's the way they consume content.​