What is the point of decentralization if you need to join a mining pool to profit?

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
Concerning the blockchains.
There're only a handful of huge mining pools that you can join if you decide to mine Bitcoins and stuff to even make profit.
This means the few people that control the mining pool can control the entire crypto networks, if they form a quorum, they can decide whose transaction can go through and whose can't, as well as modify the blockchain from the past, because they control 51%+ of the mining power.

Shouldn't the block reward be so small and frequent, like 1 or 2 satoshi or Gwei, so that even a guy with a raspberry pi can mine coins without joining a pool?

What do you think @ChefBigDog, Mr f🅰️king know-it-all devOps guy?

Apr 8, 2018
if they form a quorum, they can decide whose transaction can go through and whose can't, as well as modify the blockchain from the past, because they control 51%+ of the mining power.
Maybe they cannot modify the blockchain from the far far past, because they'll have to re-mine so many blocks, but they can ignore blocks that individuals just mined 5 second ago to make sure miners have to join their pools.

But the real concern is, there are even fewer manufacturers of mining equipment, AMD, NVIDIA, BitMain. They can easily release firmwares that'll f🅰️k you up.
Crypto-currencies are extremely centralized if you think of it that way.

Last edited:

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
I guess in order to prevent firmware conspiracy you'll need to have high levels of abstraction in the programming language.
But if you like, use high levels of abstraction for security, someone could just use low levels of abstraction and outperform you.
Dude the hardware manufacturers are grabbing everyone by the balls man.

Apr 8, 2018
It's nothing man, for comparison:
You can't say cars aren't secure because the steel manufacturer could easily use faulty conspiracy atoms.

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
It's nothing man, for comparison:
You can't say cars aren't secure because the steel manufacturer could easily use faulty conspiracy atoms.
Don't change the subject.
Code can be classified using machine learning by firmware, then it would be easy to change variables in real time.

Apr 8, 2018
If you are willing to believe true decentralization doesn't exist, then you might as well use EOS, there're only 21 nodes on the planet, transaction is basically instant, highly salable platform, f🅰️k it...

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
f🅰️k it....?

Code is not law on EOS, arbitration does blatantly exist, that's my major concern.
https://github.com/EOSIO/Documentation/blob/master/TechnicalWhitePaper.md#freezing-accounts

Freezing Accounts
Sometimes a smart contact behaves in an aberrant or unpredictable manner and fails to perform as intended; other times an application or account may discover an exploit that enables it to consume an unreasonable amount of resources. When such issues inevitably occur, the block producers have the power to rectify such situations.

The block producers on all blockchains have the power to select which transactions are included in blocks which gives them the ability to freeze accounts. A blockchain using EOS.IO software formalizes this authority by subjecting the process of freezing an account to a 15/21 vote of active producers. If the producers abuse the power they can be voted out and an account will be unfrozen.

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah if the blockchain can't be classified as a utility but as a service provided by 21 block producers, they can legally suspend your account if you're running a gambling dapp without a license, but are they gonna?

Apr 8, 2018
EOS can reverse transactions from accounts from wallets if the arbiters choose to.
What a stupid b🚺tch, didn't even look up the source and you rage with the Plebbit normies.

The ECAF is not official, it's made up by this guy
https://forums.eosgo.io/discussion/744/design-goals-of-the-eos-arbitration-forum

He has a website
https://eoscorearbitration.io/

You pay them to arbitrate and they issue a pdf telling the 21 block producers to
The order is as follows, all EOS Block Producers refuse to process transactions for the
following accounts and keys. Until further official notice and instruction from the Arbitrator
of this case
With evidence of course, but it doesn't do 💩, the supposedly "reported" accounts are still rolling, if you look up the block explorer, the block producers don't care about their arbitration.

They have no affiliation with the block producers. They prey on stupid people that just lost their money.

Apr 8, 2018
Literally took me 5 min to research.
1542048904338.png
bccftw you f🅰️king raging neckbeard normie, KYS before you breed.

That post has tons of Reddit upvotes and tons of comments raging, are people really this stupid?
I'm not a crypto genius but these people are so special......... I mean how do they even breed? How do they know how to put the pee pee in the poo poo? How the f🅰️k did they figure that out?

Last edited:
B

bccftw

I mean how do they even breed? How do they know how to put the pee pee in the poo poo? How the f🅰️k did they figure that out?
Maybe you know something I don't know but you're not supposed to insult and bully people on the internet like that.

BTW you're not supposed to put the pee pee in the poo poo, that's not how you have s🚻x, kid.

Apr 8, 2018
Maybe you know something I don't know but you're not supposed to insult and bully people on the internet like that.

BTW you're not supposed to put the pee pee in the poo poo, that's not how you have s🚻x, kid.
OHHHHHHHHH he got me he got me.

What a dumb boomer, I was being sarcastic and @noemie was playing along, otherwise why would I change tone sounding like someone who's obviously faking it.

"look at me my name is bitconnect for the win, I'm meimeing"

Good thing guests can't delete their posts, this is gold🤣

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
OK alright chef extra cranky the last few days ah..

So anyways.
1542225377493.png

There's this new coin called SnowBlossom, shilled a lot on 4chan pretty frequently.
So it's a new bitcoin now? With asic resistant features?

But proof of work though, that's like sooo 2015. M-E-H
I read their wiki, it basically Monero with no privacy.

I also tried to mine a weeks ago, the client just reports errors after errors that don't make sense. Other developed clients and miners work flawlessly on my vm, are the devs not fixing stuff intentionally to pre-mine all the easy coins? Cripple Mine?

Can you take a look at their project @ChefBigDog , the know-it-all devOps guy?

Last edited: