Possible YouTube algorithm exploit

Apr 8, 2018
This video has a lot of downvotes, comment section is very toxic, but rose to 5.9 million views.

I thought Google analyses your downvotes, once your demographic downvote a certain kind of video, that kind of video won't be shown to your demographic, but that's not the case.

It seems the algorithm measures these:
  1. The click rate of your submission
  2. The engagement rate of your submission, WHETHER IT'S UPVOTE OR DOWNVOTE, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE COMMENT, an interaction is an interaction
Also, I suspect advertisers like Apple would pay YouTube under the table to promote a "trend", which causes this video to have more views, although it has negative user feedback. That kind of sponsorship is untraceable, there's no "promoted" or "ad" indication, but it is widely used.

Apr 8, 2018
Also, I suspect advertisers like Apple would pay YouTube under the table to promote a "trend", which causes this video to have more views, although it has negative user feedback. That kind of sponsorship is untraceable, there's no "promoted" or "ad" indication, but it is widely used.
Maybe Apple is promoting such keywords:
"switch iPhone X", "recycle iPhone X", "getting rid of iPhone X"
to subconsciously tell people to get rid of the iPhone they already have, and by the new iPhone