YouTube is behind Justin Y? (jeyoung624)

Apr 1, 2018
Introduction
As we probably all know by now, comments of Justin Y appear under every single slightly trendy video.
By now he has accumulated over 114K subscribers, just by commenting alone.
justin Y channel.PNG

If you don't know who he is, watch this video.

(video made by some honest nobody that didn't stretch it to 10 mins long)

Apr 1, 2018
What's suspicious
  1. At the rate of him commenting, YouTube did not filter his comments as spam.
  2. His comments are ok but not a Dave Chappelle every time, not always bang on, more than mediocre, sometimes a bit haHAA. His Reddit account u/Jeyoungsta(linked in his channel page) isn't a comment king. If it's the content of his comments what made him, why didn't it work on Reddit? His comment barely gets 2 up votes on Reddit. Why isn't he a comment king on Reddit?
  3. His comments are ranked way up when he has little subs. Big YouTuber's comments are ranked up every time, not average users. Maybe you get ranked way up one time because you said something funny, but not consistently, his comments are consistently ranked up when he's a nobody, which made him big.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018
The conspiracy
Maybe you haven't realized, but YouTube is one of the largest forums on the planet like Reddit(not technically a forum but you get the point, video is the thread, comment section is comment, like this one).
Under such condition, YouTube has a huge incentive to milk more User Generated Content.

So YouTube manufactured such character who:
  • Comments on YouTube
  • Gets recognition
  • Develops a huge following (114k subs)
This incentivises the average users on YouTube to comment, because they want to be recognized, and be the next Justin Y.
This drives up the engagement rate of YouTube. Now users not only have a reason to upload(Pewdiepie wannabe), but also they have a reason to comment(Justin Y wannabe).

Because Justin Y account is controlled by YouTube:
  1. "it"'s comment is not rate limited and bypasses any spam filter.
  2. Actual comment is written by YouTube employees or AI or outsourced to India, so it's not perfectly on point every time and seem slightly relevant to the content.
  3. Tweaked comment ranking by YouTube.
This explains all the suspicious points.

Last edited:

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
Remember lonelygirl15 anyone? Which is a personality made up by a marketing company?

Since then I don't believe any personality online completely, like, there has to be some corporate manipulation behind.

When lilTay came out I was like, yo, this has to be fake, there has to be somebody telling her what to do, and I pretended to believe it in front of my friends, calling her cringe and stuff, but I was playing them LOL.

Apr 8, 2018
"it"'s comment is not rate limited and bypasses any spam filter.
Maybe when your comment usually gets a bunch of upvotes, you develop a reputation in the comment ranking system, and your comment bypasses the spam filter, and it's ranked up next time.

But there is a chicken and the egg problem.
If your comment is ranked up, you get exposure, which leads to thumb ups, you get thumb ups, your comment is ranked up.
But which comes first?

Either A:
  • YouTube is controlling Justin Y account, the account's comment ranking is artificially tweaked.
Or B:
  • Justin Y has the lowest common denominator on the planet.
Or both:
  • YouTube discovered such character with lower than average common denominator, and used him. Jusitn Y is real, but YouTube is using him and tweaked parameters for him to become a comment king, so YouTube can create such comment role model to encourage average consumer to comment, increasing engagement.

Last edited:

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
No, I'm just interested in the analytics, why else would I post here instead of making an EXPOSED YouTube video to grab some quick views?
Oh, sorry about that.

Well, that's awkward.
So... I heard your dog is dead, is she OK by now?

B

Blyatwave

I don't see justin anywhere recently.
Maybe you're all paranoid to think that every social phenomenon is result of manipulation.

ngalex

2Savage4Me
Oct 26, 2018
He's made a post on his subreddit discussing his shadowban a smaller commenter said he'd also experienced shadowbanning. He also hasn't gotten his playbutton for 100k subscribers or verified despite youtube sending another commenter called "100k with no subs" a playbutton (they later deactivating their account after they turned out to be subbotting).

So clearly YouTube isn't on Justin Y's side.
Literally just read the thread title and started Redditting, what a retard.

Base you point on some no name Redditor's comment wow.
Also why does a plaque have anything to do with YouTube behind commentor account trying to manufacture some social phenomenon in order to drive engagement?

Are you too f🅰️king dumb to see:
  • Nobody here is stating the opinion that "YouTube isn't on Justin Y's side" because everyone here is obviously trying to think before having an opinion.
  • You on the other hand, like every single Redditor, base your argument on rumors and "evidence", with no logical process laid out you pull your opinion out of your 🍑ss to seek agreement, so you could know you're right.

What a normie, f🅰️king cattle.