The downvoter's dilemma

Apr 8, 2018
downvoter's dilemma.PNG

(I doodled the p word in case google picks it up and downrank the site, like it did to many YouTube channels, got your back admin.)
That's a lot of down votes, and a lot of views.

What crosses the downvoter's mind:
  • This content is not what I want to see, do I watch it or not? I mean I usually just ignore mildly dislikable content, but should I watch this?
Alright, I'll watch it, just to see how dispecable these people are.
OK, this is not what I like, downvoted.

I find this very stupid in two ways:
  1. Watching something you don't want to watch.
  2. Expressing repetitive opinion on top of opinions made by people just like you.

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
(I doodled the p word in case google picks it up and downrank the site, like it did to many YouTube channels, got your back admin.)
Thanks man appreciate it.
Don't know if Google can detect the square p🚺ssy.

I don't understand why people upvote/downvote, the like button here is almost never used, I suppose I people here just don't like the idea of stroking each other like a normie.
I hope that continues, in order for us to not become a circle jerking agreement bubble, whoever touches the button shall be punished for being a normie.
(and this is implicit, it's not written in a rule book, so people can't look it up and fake it, I really want to see people's nature)

Apr 8, 2018
I think people vote on a thing because they think it matters, "yeah we got them by the numbers, we expressed ourselves".

When EmpLemon said "tank the rewind"(telling people to downvote on YouTube's 2017), that's when I realized he could be just another salty Redditor, in terms of merit. Really disappointed man, so much for calling behind the meme out for being a normie.

Morte

Crib owner
Mar 31, 2018
yeah we got them by the numbers, we expressed ourselves
I can easily change a like count on a post using a line of SQL, the numbers mean absolutely nothing.
Funny to me people actually think the numbers are worth getting excited about.

ngalex

2Savage4Me
Oct 26, 2018
>tfw you feel nothing and downvote just to trick other people.

example:
  1. Say something offensive, downvote your own post, people would think "other people" hate it too, they will feel comfortable jumping on hate wagon once they see -1.
  2. When Twitch streamer asks for strawpoll, you call up your hacker friend with an IP pool and rig the strawpoll, so the stream would be totally crazy and entertaining.